Monday, October 8, 2007


Hello. I don't know if anyone is reading this. I have just realized recently my inability to articulate those things that are central to what I believe. I am beginning now on my journey online to communicate those things to whomever is out there willing to dialog with me.

One of the first things on my mind today are some questions facing our modern industrialized society, "How will democracy survive all of the threats that are facing it?"; from internally perceived threats of moral corruption, apathy for education and character development, acquiescence to greater concerns for security vs. human and civil rights, or likewise external threats like terrorism, resurgent authoritarian regimes, corrosive effects of globalization, or irrational fundamentalism.

A few sites that I just recently found that seem like interesting starting places for a few pieces of these questions are http://www.whydemocracy.net

No comments: